Friday, March 8, 2013

Traits of Good Writing checklist

____ Do I have an attention-grabbing opening?

____ Did I state the topic and my opinion?

____ Did  I provide at least four reasons to support my opinion?

____ Did I use examples and details to explain my reasons?

____ Are all my paragraphs focused on one idea?

____ Do I have clear *transitions?

____ Did I remember to *show, don’t tell?

____ Did I use reasonable language to express my ideas?

____Did I use *precise and expressive words? (avoiding use of these words: this, thing, them, that, they, he, she, you, I)

____ Do I have a strong *closing?

____ Is my essay organized logically?

____ Is my essay in the correct format?

____ Did I address the correct audience?

____ Did I use the correct conventions?

No comments:

Post a Comment