Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6th-10th

Monday
Classwork: My Name writing tasks
Homework: Complete My Name Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Work on vocabulary activities: Vocab #1. Vocabulary activities are due Wednesday, and the vocabulary test is on Thursday.
Additional resource: http://www.first-names-meanings.com
Tuesday
Classwork: Continue My Name writing tasks #4-6. Begin rough draft of essay. Ideas for formatting your essay: My Name paragraph structure ideas
Homework: Complete rough draft of My Name essay and have hard copy ready for peer editing on Wednesday.

Wednesday
Classwork: We will peer edit one another's My Name essay for the first half of class. During the second half of class, we will choose our roles for the ELA/SS collaborative Christopher Columbus trial. You will prepare indictments in Social Studies class. You will study to be witnesses and jury members in my class. Readings to be posted by Tuesday.
Homework: Work on revisions of My Name essay. Study for vocabulary test.

Thursday
Classwork: Continue researching roles for Columbus indictments. Begin graphic organizer.
Homework: Prepare final draft of My Name essay.

Friday
Classwork: Continue researching roles for Columbus indictments. Begin graphic organizer.



No comments:

Post a Comment