Monday, November 2, 2015

Week of 11/2 - 11/6

Monday
Essential Question:
How can figurative language contribute to the meaning of a text?
Learning Targets: 

  • I will discuss the definitions of various types of figurative language with my group.
  • I will construct a chart of examples of figurative language that I am already familiar with.
  • I will identify figurative language in "Dead Men Talking" and analyze the impact of its use in the text. 
  • I will demonstrate understanding by completing a figurative language graphic organizer and responding to a Quickwrite prompt.
Class materials:
Here is the article to use when completing the graphic organizer: "Dead Men Talking: Solving Crime Through Science"

Homework:
Read your independent reading book for 30 minutes. Parents and guardians, please check to make sure your child is reading a piece of classic literature. If they do not have a book, please help them acquire one as soon as possible. Students are still coming to class without their books and I have noticed that many are not consistently reading their books. This is not acceptable. If your child does not have access to the library, please let me know so I can help him/her acquire a book. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment