Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday, 9/15

Alternatives for independence:

Read the following sentences and tell how the reader/writer could enhance his or her independence by being proactive in actions or speech:

1) I don't know what to do.

2) I can't do this.

3) What do I need to do to get an A?

4) I can't think of anything.

5) What do I do? Well, __________ told me to do it another way.

6) What should I write here?

7) This doesn't make sense.


Identity
Class prompt free write: Tell about the world you came from.

Share out: Pick the best line from your free write.

Independent:
Here is a sample college admissions essay prompt. In 300 words or less, you must: Describe the world you come from--for example (but not limited to), your family, community, or school--and tell how that world has shaped your dreams and aspirations. Remember to consider your audience, the admissions committee for your dream college.

Fill in this chart to help you brainstorm ideas:  Identity Prompt Brainstorm

Here is the actual prompt from UC Berkeley: Personal statement

No comments:

Post a Comment